Cetana Educational Foundation
Cetana announces a new scholarship: The Cetana Dickason-Young Family Scholarship
Cetana Dickason-Young Family Scholarship Application 2024/25
The Cetana Educational Foundation seeks applicants for a scholarship that will support, given excellent academic progress, up to two years of study abroad toward a master’s degree that will prepare the grantee for a successful teaching career in Myanmar (or with Myanmar communities). Cetana Educational Foundation is particularly interested in candidates who wish to pursue further study in English as a Second Language (Second Language Acquisition). The scholarship provides up to $13,000 annually towards tuition, fees, books, and living expenses incurred during study at a university in Thailand. Applicants should be Myanmar citizens, hold the B.A. or B.S. degree, and have advanced English language skills.
Benefits of Cetana Scholarship
- The scholarship will cover tuition and fees up to $8,000 per two-semester year for the period of the scholarship. These funds will be paid directly to the awardee’s university in Thailand by the Thabyay Foundation upon presentation of an invoice from the university. Tuition or special fees charged by faculty members or by the awardee’s program of choice are excluded.
- The scholarship will provide a stipend in the amount of $2,500 (approximately 90,000 baht) per semester that is intended to cover living costs, books, and incidentals.
- The applicant must be a Myanmar National.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree and have proficiency in English.
- Study must be in Thailand and in a master’s program that will prepare the applicant to teach (preference will be given to English as a Second Language).
- Study must be full time and students must agree to complete the program within its normal duration or two years, whichever is less.
- Students must maintain full-time student status throughout the time of the grant and abide by all conditions of the grant, including the promise to return to Myanmar (or work with Myanmar communities abroad) for a minimum of three years after the degree is obtained.
- Applicants must independently apply to and be accepted by a university in Thailand.
- December 22, 2023 (Awardee will be notified by late February 2024)
- Applications sent after the deadline will be disqualified.
The Academy encompasses a range of programs, including five levels of English instruction and advanced courses. Classes are also tailored to the needs of Professionals, English Teachers and Young Learners. These programs benefit the Cetana’s Tech Center where students strengthen their comprehension through interactive computer programs. Students who participate in the English instruction offered in […]
Teachers and university students in Kanpelet, Chin State, following the intensive summer course, are continuing through the year in an expanded program. The teachers and students show an enthusastic appreciation that this opportunity for continuing structured practice in this remote mountain town. Classes were added this year for the students at the Metta Geha Children’s […]
Twenty-five years ago, Cetana began with Scholarships for Study Abroad and the accompanying program of classes to improve fluency for these students in a church basement.
This monastic school located in one of the poorest areas of Yangon offers free education to kids through grade 8. Cetana works in collaboration with the Metta Partners in Myanmar program in their program to help teachers in the school gain greater fluency in English.
Cetana is delighted to welcome Kristen Brooks as the Business Administrator for the US office. Kristen has her Masters degree in Elementary Education and taught for five years before deciding to spend more time with her daughter. She has worked as an administrator for the last twelve years in other organizations throughout the US. In […]